Jul 29, 2012

Going for Gold

Yup, here it is - the obligatory Olympic-themed post. I promise I'll keep it short. :P

Today's competitor is the Wispa Gold, which my English friends tell me used to exist, was sadly taken off the market, but has made its triumphant return in time to join the legions of Olympic-themed products in 2012 (Its long and complicated bio on Wikipedia states: launched in 1995, relaunched for a limited time in 2009. Discontinued in 2010. Relaunched in 2011.)
The Wispa Gold is basically a pimped-out version of a normal Wispa, which as you'll remember from a previous review, is actually pretty good on its own. I was planning on starting my reviews of the variations with the 5 billion versions of KitKat out right now, but the Wispa Gold in its shiny foil wrapper simply caught my eye first, with its Very Willy Wonka-esque with its offer to ‘Unwrap Gold! And win Olympics tickets’.

I pulled open the shiny wrapper and found more or less exactly what I expected - a Wispa with a layer of somewhat runny caramel on top. And it's delicious - the regular Wispa portion of the bar  tastes like chocolate nougat – not unlike a Three Musketeers bar, another US favorite of mine. This is tasty stuff - and in fact, this is the only bar in months that I've had all to myself and haven't offered pieces of to my colleagues. 

Wispa Gold - too good to to share. 4 bars!



Happy Olympics, everyone. :)

Bar-o-Meter

No comments: