Sep 16, 2012

The Olympics are Over...

...and all I got is this lousy mascot-shaped chocolate.

Actually, its not lousy at all. To finish off the British summer to end all summers, I thought I'd write a review for the chocolate Wenlock that I got as a thank-you from one of my co-workers. Not only does this beat the chocolate medals that everyone else seemed to be getting hands down, its also another addition to my totally creepy mascot collection, as I have been OBSESSED with these things this summer. (But not as obsessed as this person. Or the creative team that made this.)
At least it WAS an addition to my collection. Fatigue from one too many early shifts set in and I devoured the entire thing in 10 minutes of madness. Although the wrapper is pretty sweet, the chocolate isn't much to write home about, as it's kinda like eating a Cadbury's easter egg, only one that's oddly shaped. I know I haven't been too generous to Cadbury's chocolate in the past, but maybe it was the sleep-deprived deliriousness or the Olympic and Paralympic spirit going to my head, but this thing was pretty tasty. The chocolate shell was a little thin (this is no substantial Lindt chocolate bunny) and therefore a little floppy, but tasty all the same. Nothing amazing, but some pretty decent milk chocolate. 2.5 bars.

I am off on vacation (finally!) the next couple of weeks, so I expect you all to be waiting with bated breath to see what kind of weirdness I manage to bring back from the US. Until then, I will stuff myself on delicious seafood and California produce as I wend my way down the west coast. So much for that Olympic diet...

Bar-o-Meter


No comments: