Jun 8, 2005

Change of Title

In honor of the newly nice weather, I'm going to be (temporarily) changing the title of the blog to Denis' inventive "Pimms and Poms". Temporarily. I'm sure the rain will be back soon. But for now, it actually feels like summer. And I love Pimms. Mmmmm Pimms.

Also, went to the Phantom Planet concert last night, which was absolutely awesome. I went with my friend Rachel (from CA), and we saw it in this really small venue (Mean Fiddler) that kinda smelled like the Garage (that weird mix of pizza and incense from the hippie shops - except not so much pizza). We got a spot around the balcony, which was great, since I could actually SEE the band for once. The two opening acts were pretty lame, although the first one (forgot their name) were more interesting in their high-school-band-fronted-by-a-mix-of-Gerry-Tobin-and-a-cracked-out-Michael-J-Fox quirkiness than Farrah's (the second band's) polished mediocrity. Awesome.

Anyway, as usual, opening acts suck, but PP did not disappoint. They played a good mix of old and new songs (they played She's Always on My Mind, The Guest, and Anthem!!), and really got the crowd involved like no other band since I went to go see Cake in college. Of course the crowd went nuts when they sang "California" (which I'm reaaallly getting sick of), but they performed it really well, so it was less painful than usual. :) AND the lead singer jumped into the crowd not once, not twice, but three times...ridiculous. All in all, I have to say that PP are quite the rock stars - and I had no idea. But great concert, all in all.

Ok, time to do actual work.

= :)

No comments: