Jul 5, 2006

So Cold

So, so, so cold.

Edinburgh is a very pretty city. Edinburgh is also freezing, even in the middle of summer. No one told me this. I assumed it would be colder in Edinburgh than in London - I just didn't expect a temperature change of 15 degrees Celsius on a 5-hour train trip (33 in London, 18 but feels colder in Edinburgh).

I am not equipped. I don't even really have warm clothes. Fed up with the weight of The Beast, I dropped off some clothes in London...including my coat. Awesome. But whatever, it probably wouldn't have been adequate enough, anyway, as everyone else seems to be wearing winter coats.

Is this a commonly known fact? Are you supposed to wear hats and gloves in Scotland, even on July 4th, when I should be sitting on a porch somewhere, eating watermelon? I feel so ignorant and naive. I also fear hypothermia.

If you don't hear from me within the next few days, you'll know what has happened. Remember me fondly.

= :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as i recall, it was pretty warm in edinburgh when we went in the middle of july :/