Jul 9, 2006

Wee Bonnie Scotland

Or at leats it should be called that, because it sounds suitably Scottish.

I had an absolutely wonderful time in Scotland, and I wish I was able to spend more time there. I took a tour with the same company Erin and I took to Wales, and the tour was just as phenomenal. The weather cleared up and was an unseasonably warm 22 degrees on one day, a little misty on the next, and warm with blue skies on the third. I saw the Isle of Skye, visited the William Wallace Memorial (freedom!), ate haggis, and resisted the urge to buy every little cheesy Scottish souvenir I could find (Nessie hats and snowglobes, anyone?). I served as bait for the Loch Ness Monster, climbed a hill entirely shrouded in mist, used the Loo of the Year (2006), and heard the fairies piping at Kilt Rock. All in all a successful trip, I might say. (Oh, except for my failure to find a fried Mars Bar anywhere, probably due to the fact we only stayed in small towns. The only chip shop we found refused to make one, even when we offered to pick one up ourselves from the nearest newsagent. Boo. Next time.)

In Cambridge now at Nic's, where I've been lazing in the sun all day along with the cats. After all that traveling, I needed a little relaxing. Next stop: London!

= :)

No comments: