Nov 13, 2006

Latest Triumph

So I've been overdosing on BBC America lately, and I've watched a couple episodes of Gordon Ramsay's The F Word, which is this fantabulous show about food, running a restaurant, getting people back in the kitchen, and showing cute shots of Gordon with his many, many children in order to prove that he's not such a jerk, after all.

Anyway, after getting particularly inspired by some pumpkin risotto that Gordon concocted on the last show, I decided to go out and make my own while pumpkins were still in season. At many a point during the chopping, peeling, sauteeing, pureeing, and mixing in of the pumpkin, I had doubts that my grand experiment would come to a good end.

However, I have to say that I have possibly cooked the most delicious meal...EVER. (Except maybe for that awesome Thanksgiving in London.) The risotto has just the right amount of sweetness and pumpkin-y goodness. I just need to bask in the wonderfuless of it all. Because all every cook wants is some validation, right?

= :)

P.S. Requests for the recipe will be honored, but I cannot guarantee that your version will turn out as fabulous as mine. That's just the way it works. Sorry.

No comments: