Feb 26, 2011

A Boost to the Blog!



Ha, if you've noticed, I've just realised I can add titles. Prepare for bad puns galore!
So, today I finally embark on the much-awaited second row of the candy display! (Please try and restrain yourselves.) As expected, the first bar is a Boost, which from what I can ascertain, has tried to market itself as some kind of energy bar. I suppose 30 grams of sugar can be classified as "energy". But for what it lacks in healthfulness, it does pretty well as a candy bar.


For the uninitiated (i.e., me), the Boost is a Cadbury's bar in a vaguely Yule-log shaped form. It's a chocolate fudge-y type center with crunchy biscuit (that's cookies for the North Americans) bits in it, surrounded by a layer of caramel, and then covered in chocolate. Kinda reminds me of a less-crunchy Twix bar. The chocolate in the middle is very sugary, but the crunchy bits are really satisfying, as is the thick layer of caramel on the outside.

This is pretty good! In fact, this is the best bar I've had since the well-reviewed Topic of a few weeks ago. (Though to be honest, don't think it's that hard to beat a Turkish Delight!) I think I'm a sucker for the biscuits and caramel combo. I'm sorry Morgan (who warned me off this one with dire proclamations), but I'm a Boost fan. Despite my rating being tempered somewhat by the intense sugar rush I got right after eating the whole bar that made me want to take a few laps around the 11th floor to quiet my jitters, I'm pronouncing this one a winner. Two and a half bars!


Bar-o-Meter
 


2 comments:

virginia said...

this looks ok, but inferior to my personal favorite...the DOUBLE DECKER. whens that baby gonna get reviewed?

Jo L said...

Morgan warned you off a Boost!?! they are LUSH!