Mar 30, 2006

My New Flat

Ok, it's not so "new" anymore...I've been living there since mid-January. Just thought I'd add a quick note or two about it, though.

First of all, it's clean, which is fantastic and incredibly underrated. It's so clean, it even got the rare Josephine Patrone seal of approval - hooray! I went back to my old flat last weekend and it's completely filthy. It's actually WORSE than when I was forced out in January. I have no idea how human beings live there happily. Yaay for getting out while I still could.

Second of all, my flatmates are a lot of fun. Their names are Lia, Gabrielle (Bibi), and Rafael, and they're all from Brazil, which basically translates to a lot of shouting (excited, not angry), a lot of tasty food, and people over practically every other night. It makes the flat really lively, which is nice. Still working on the whole understanding Portuguese thing, though. (My flatmates speak great English - their friends, not so much).

Lastly, it's cozy, which is also wonderful. It's pretty tiny, but my bedroom's big enough and the kitchen is well-equipped and has a gas stove - yaay! (If you know me at all, you'll understand how happy a clean, well-appointed kitchen can make me.)

So that's about it. A fairly boring post, but no more complaining about how I never post messages anymore. That means you, Nic.

And Erin.

And Barb.

= :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pictures!!!

Anne said...

No, my room is messy.

= :)

Anonymous said...

haha, like i haven't seen that before... :)

did you go to dublin yet?

Anonymous said...

il get some pictures for you soon - at its messiest, naturally! N