Mar 25, 2005

Happy Easter!!

Hey all -

Sorry for the long delay - moved offices and things have been really hectic at work. Not too much time to update before I head home for the holiday weekend and then head off to Florence(!), but here's a quick recap:

St. Patrick's Day was fun - spent it in two Irish pubs, celebrating my 1/8 Irish heritage. Gotta love it. Still one of my favorite holidays of the year. Pictures forthcoming. Denis and Raquel (his friend from Argentina) came to visit for the weekend, and got to hang out with them in between their sight-seeing trips. Saturday consisted of an attempt at the Circle Line pub crawl, which comes in at about 27 stops. The weather was gorgeous, so I dressed in summer clothes and regretted it as soon as the sun went down. We tried for half the stations, gave up after 7 pubs once we realized we wouldn't make it in time, bought a couple bottles of cheap wine, and drank them on the tube, stopping at every planned stop along the way to take a picture, thereby proving we'd been there and (in our minds), proving we'd completed the actual crawl. And then of course, back to the Camden tube for the requisite Saturday night drunk cheeseburger and chips. (I've been in there sober as well, I swear). The guys know me now - it makes me really happy. :P Heavily-edited pictures forthcoming. :)

Gin flies in tonight, and then we're spending the next two days on a whirlwind (free) tour around London, hitting up all the famous sites and best shopping areas, naturally. And then off to Florence on Sunday! I can't wait to go to Italy - let's just see how my college Italian holds up... :
Happy Easter!!

P.S. T-minus 3 days until I can eat chocolate...counting the hours...

3 comments:

Anne said...

grrrrr.......

denis said...

if someone wants embarrassing photos of anne (and kris for that matter), there's a roll of film yet to be developed which can go up for auction. anne, never become a politician...you and kris expecting 'debauchery' at winthrop to be what it wasn't could cost (or gain) you a lot of votes... :-p

Anne said...

Thank goodness I never planned to go into politics - I feel like I have far too many embarassing events in my life to cover up. As for the scandalous pictures of my and Kris, I lean towards the "gaining" votes...they might be a bit embarassing, but I think I look pretty good, nonetheless - unlike my crazy drunk pics from above.

= :)