Jun 23, 2006

First love

You´ll all be relieved to find out that I´m back to taking pictures of fountains...Vienna is a little short on the waterfalls. The city is pretty nice, but seems stifling after Bled. It´s been 30 degrees Celsius for the last 2 days and its sticky and hot with no sea, waterfall, or lake to jump in. I miss Croatia. :(

Other things I´ve done: gone to the gardens at Schönbrunn (very nice, Denis), visited the old cemetary (gorgeos and leafy and very gothicly falling apart), and ate laugenbrotchen (pretyel bread) and spätzle (potato noodles). MMMMM. All my happy (food) memories of Germany coming back. Happy now, Nic? :P

Also - and I can´t believe I forgot to mention this - my last night in Split I went to a Bob Marley tribute concert, which was fabulous. The tribute band members were all white and Croatian (of course), but they did a pretty decent job of interpreting Bob´s songs. The perfect thing for a summer night by the beach after a couple of cheap Croatian beers. Ahh.

Flying to Romania, and hopefully internet is cheaper there. Then you can all look forward to a good long post. I know you´ve been waiting for it.

= :P

No comments: