Jan 8, 2005

I may not seem like a person in a position to turn down jobs, but that's exactly what I did with two offers of employment today. Basically, they were both too low-paying to cover my expenses - or at least provide me with any money outside of food and shelter. The two jobs I'm interviewing for on Monday are much more promising - and offer much more money. AND I have a one-day placement through the temp agency I registered with for Tuesday - so at least I'll get a little money in my pocket somehow.

In other news, the receptionist job with the architecture firm seems to have fallen through. :( I had been pursuing it all week, since it was something I really wanted, but when I first sent over my resume (on Monday), I got a reply that told me I was overqualified and would be bored. This made me completely angry, because all the other architectural jobs I was looking at told me I was underqualified. Grrr.... So I immediately emailed her back, trying to convince her that I was really interested in any job at an architect's office, no mattter in what capacity. When I got no reply to my second email (and the first came in about 2 hours), I proceeded to call the company, but the woman wasn't in. And then she wasn't in the next day, or the next. After being promised that she'd be in today, she was sick yet again (and she CAN'T be avoiding me, because they always tell me she's not in before I give my name), AND the position had been closed. This REALLY pissed me off, because I had been trying to apply all week. How is it my fault if the woman responsible for hiring is never there? I'm going to try again on Monday, but I really don't have any hopes for the job. Sucky, sucky, sucky.

Anyway, in more uplifting news, Dominic of CSA choir fame is coming to visit this weekend, and I'm going to treat myself to a £4 movie at the Prince Charles Cinema on Sunday (that's for you, Shelley!) Fun times. Okay, off to dinner.

= :)

No comments: