Jan 13, 2005

I'll keep this one short because it's late and I'm tired. :)

Today was my first day of work and it was wonderful. The people I work with are incredibly friendly and a lot of fun. I get along quite well with them. We're all going out this Friday already, and I'm very happy I accepted the job. The actual work part (hehehe) also seems much better than I initially thought - there seems to be a lot of interesting things going on in the department, which basically pairs promising recent graduates and academic advisors with businesses to help them find new and innovative ways to improve their companies. See - I already sound like a brochure. :)

Plus, the office is incredibly relaxed - I can listen to music on speakers and probably get to download my pictures off my camera - yaay! And since it's one big room with a workstation plan, everyone just throws comments back and forth - it's very informal.

To make today even better (as if the HUGE noodle bar lunch didn't cover that), I got cheaper-than-expected (£5!) tickets to see the English National Ballet's production of Romeo and Juliet, originally choreographed by Nureyev. AND my seats were good. Hooray for Wednesday performances. It was a very good production, and really unlike any other ballet I've seen so far.

Ok, off to bed, so that I don't fall asleep at work tomorrow!

No comments: