Jan 19, 2005

Work is progressing quite well - I really feel like I'm getting the hang of the job, AND I've already whittled my morning commute down to a half hour. I'm working on shaving time off of that, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Today is a "cold" day in London, meaning it's about 40 degrees Fahrenheit and windy. Granted, that's cold, but generally balmy when you compare it to Cranford (15 degrees, feels like -1) and Boston (10 degrees, feels like -7). This is like a vacation...except for the cloudy weather, of course.

Although, I've come to the conclusion that London is like Florida. Stick with me on this one. There are generally storms (thunderstorms in Florida, rainstorms here), but they come along with plenty of sun. Granted, Florida has beautiful tropical weather and London has some grey, not-so-beautiful weather, but they both have humidity. Ok, I'm not being so clear, but basically what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't rain in London as much as I thought it would. And that's a good thing. But of course, it isn't actually the spring yet.

Ok, so quick update...moved into my house this weekend and am loving it. Everyone's really nice, and we've bonded over our O.C. DVD collection...hehehe. The market's just around the corner and I've been able to cook for myself, which helps to save a little money. I also got to go to IKEA (which is kinda stange because the layout of all IKEAs are apparently the same, no matter what country you're in - I could have been in Elizabeth once I got inside), but also fabulous, because IKEA is fun and cheap. After an incredibly meandering way home, I finally got all my stuff into my room and made it beautiful - hooray!

Ok, just about to leave work, so I'll sign off for now. Will update soon!

No comments: